Talk Submission– Deadline February 28, 2019
Please note the following information before beginning your submission:
- A total of 24 talks will be selected from submitted abstracts.
- Abstracts will be evaluated and selected for talks by members of the PVB Advisory Committee.
Poster Submission – Deadline April 26, 2019
We have received funds from the U.S National Science Foundation, Division of Integrative Organismal Systems, and from the Agriculture and Food Research Initiative (AFRI) U.S Department of Agriculture to support meeting participation of members of the U.S scientific community.
We are aiming to increase attendance of early-career U.S. scientists by providing travel funds for those in financial need; increasing the participation of underrepresented minorities and women among Plant Vascular Biology attendees is another important goal. Undergraduate students, graduate students, postdocs, pre-tenure faculty, and professionals at the beginning of their careers in plant vascular biology are strongly encouraged to apply. Awards may range from $500 to $1,550.
If you would like to be considered for a travel award, you must complete the application via your abstract submission. If you’re submitting more than one abstract for consideration, please only submit your travel award application once.
Please used the following “Applicant Checklist” to ensure your travel application package is complete:
- A Curriculum Vita
- Statement on how and why the conference will be advantageous to your career (maximum 500 words)
- Statement on the financial need and a budget overview (maximum 300 words)
- For students: a short letter of support from the supervisor, who will be contacted by us once we receive all other materials.*
*All CVs and letters of support must be emailed to email@example.com for review by the organizing committee.